Lilypie First Birthday tickers>

Saturday, July 5, 2008

Update

Thank you for all the encouragement so far on yesterday's post. I actually went for a bike ride today with my brother, friend Karen and Chris (well, he had his own workout and did his own thing).

I had a lot of fun and we rode almost 11.3 miles. We went out to the Silver Comet Trail, which is nice and flat. It wasn't too crowded so I didn't have to worry about running over anyone. I did NOT fall off my bike and am starting to feel more and more comfortable on it. I have new pedals, which helped. They have clips on one side and are flat on the other (kinda like pedals on my bike that I had when I was a kid). Before I had cages and I think having my feet in them, made me nervous.

Anyway... we're already talking about going again tomorrow! WAHOO!

OH... and after my hard workout... I ate a salad! Which for those of you that know me really well, you know it's a rarity! :) YAY... off to a good start so far!

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Good job on the bike! I didn't see your posts till today because for some reason my bog was saying that nobody had updated their blogs. Anyway, I also like the new look - very pretty! Good luck, and keep it up!

Mel said...

Good job...I also have a bike that I haven't ridden much if you want another riding partner..I am tough though since I travel so much.

One piece of advice is to take it slow...don't try to start exercising every day and changing everything that you eat all at once because it will be too much and won't seem like it is part of your every day life which could lead to you reverting back to old habits. Try to do two or three new things a week and after a while they will all seem to natural (and it gives you little "victories" along the way).

Also, it takes 21 days to form a new habit...keep telling yourself that until you get to the 21 days (though you will probably lose count after two weeks).

Good luck and keep us updated on how it goes.

Meredith said...

Thanks! I'll definitely keep that in mind. We're going to Costa Rica on the 18th so I'm hoping that it doesn't make me starting a habit too hard!