Lilypie First Birthday tickers>

Monday, July 14, 2008

Hills

Don't like them!... hills that is...

So, last weekend we went to visit Chris's family in southwest Ga. We took our bikes with us, as Chris needed to ride for 2 hours or so. (he's training for a half Iron man). Anyway, I decided to ride with Chris for a little while. I wasn't sure I could make it for the whole 2 hours, plus I knew that I would slow him down. Anyway... You never really notice how hilly a road is until you actually ride your bike on it. We rode on the road that his parents live on... we rode about 11 miles or so... and it was kinda rolling hilly... I don't like hills! I had a hard time at first but started to figure out the best way to ride on hills when we were almost back. (chris did continue on without me after he dropped me off). It was my first time riding on the actual road (with cars passing by) and my first time with hills.

6 comments:

m said...

Congrats on the great ride! Major roads scare me (at least without a sidewalk!). Good job on the hills!

Rebecca said...

Good job! Yeah, hills are tough, but it sounds like you were able to do it!

Drena said...

You know you watch too much MTV when you see the title and think you are going to be talking about The Hills TV show. :)

amanda said...

I totally thought it would be about The Hills also. :) I'm so proud of you and your bike riding. I know that has to be tough.

Rebecca said...

I don't even watch MTV but I had the same thought. But then I realized it's Meredith, and figured she would not post about The Hills TV show. :)

Meredith said...

Yeah, I can't say I've ever seen The Hills! :)