Lilypie First Birthday tickers>

Monday, July 7, 2008

Another ride

Ya'll are going to be so proud of me... I went for another ride yesterday. I'm really starting to feel more and more confident and comfortable on my bike. It definitely helps that my pedals are different. I had cages on them before and now I have some that are flat on one side and have a clip (so that one day I can clip in) on the other. I think the cages made me nervous because I had a hard time getting my feet in and out.

ANYWAY... Saturday we rode about 11.3 miles. and for those of you that are familiar with the Silver Comet Trail, you know where it crosses roads? Well, every time we came to a crossing... I would stop, get off... walk my bike across and then get back on. I felt more comfortable doing that. Well, yesterday we rode about 12.3 miles (in the same amount of time that we rode the 11.3 on Saturday) and I actually rode across the crossings like 3 times. I was pretty excited. However I was going to ride across one time and got wobbly and almost crashed into the middle post thingy (that keeps cars from driving down the path).

YAY me!

Thanks ladies for all the encouragement. It is definite help! It's also helping me to feel accountable to ya'll. :)

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Yea for you! That is great. Maybe once both guys get a little bigger (and they have both mastered pedaling), I'd like to get bikes for all of us and go do stuff like that. I am NOT a runner and who wants to spend hours at the gym?? (answer: NOT ME). But loading up the bikes and going for a ride somewhere would be fun.

Carrie Davis said...

Awesome! You are doing great. I love the Silver Comet Trail. oh, and did you know I secretly dream of opening a bakery? so, let me know if you want to :)

Meredith said...

We'll have to look into that! :) Wouldn't that be so much fun? I need some more experience though!

We could always start something out of our homes... hmmmm

m said...

Congrats! You are doing so great. Keep up the good work!