Lilypie First Birthday tickers>

Friday, July 18, 2008

Adios Atlanta, Hola Costa Rica

We leave today for Costa Rica. Am I packed yet? No... I do however have a packing list. I haven't made an actual packing list since I was in high school (Dad's influence... he makes packing lists all the time). Anyway, I have been getting ready for the trip all week. I have been to Target twice (and might actually make another stop today), Walmart once, and REI twice. We should have everything we need, just need to organize it and actually pack it.

Thanks for all the suggested reading. I was at Target so they didn't have the O'Malley series that Lonebutterfly mentioned. I did read a few synopses on them and they sound really good. I'll have to check them out when I return. As for Jodi Picoult, I have a question for you fans out there. All the books of hers, that I read the summary of, sound pretty depressing. Are the books actually depressing? The stories sound good, don't get me wrong... but I was hesitant to get any for that depressing kind of feeling I had when I read the summary. I have a hard time reading depressing stories... I've had enough sadness in my life with my mom's lost battle against cancer. Instead, I like to read the comedies (like British chic books) and murder mysteries that keep me up at night. Why I read those, I have no idea... but I still love them.

Anyway, this is the last post for me for about a week. I'm not sure if I'll have internet access or not, last year... we did... this year, we're staying somewhere different. Be prepared for lots of pictures! Last year, I took about 475 pictures. This year, I have a MUCH nicer camera so be prepared for a LOT more! :) Hope everyone has a good week!!!

6 comments:

Lone Butterfly said...

ACK! I wish I had known Target wouldn't have them - is there a Family Christian or a Lifeway nearby? They are sure to have the first two.

I'm bringing you the ones I have next Monday when we go walking - I really think you are going to love them.

You and Chris will be constantly in my prayers this coming week.

Meredith said...

Well, the Target I went to didn't have them (or at least I didn't see them). I'll probably just wait until I get back... Did you see my list on the right? :)

Thanks for the prayers, friend!!!

Cindy said...

I've never read any of Jodi Picoult's other books, but I was really impressed with Nineteen Minutes. I loved her writing style, I loved the story, I thought it was wonderful. This one was about a high school shooting, but I thought it was well done. In fact, I've had a hard time getting into other books because nothing is as good as that one was.

m said...

Hope you have a great trip! Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Trent & Mary Katherine Cloer said...

Hey girl- Hope you have a safe and fun trip- Look forward to hearing about it when you return. I don't like sad books or movies either, I need upbeat stuff! Take care

BooSheep said...

Have fun!! I can't wait to see your pictures :)