Lilypie First Birthday tickers>

Friday, July 4, 2008

Freedom, Dreams, Wishes and a little Motivation?

Isn't it great that we live in a country where we are free to do so many things- free to speak, free to worship, free to be..

Dreams and wishes-
On this day where we celebrate our freedom, I've been pondering my dreams and wishes for my life. I know it's normally a New Years Thing, but... hey... it still fits, right? Anyway I thought I would share my thoughts on this day, which is where the motivation fits in.

Most of you know that there is not an athletic bone in my body. Very few of you know that I used to dance (all through school)... well, I struggle (like many people) with actually being active. I get bored on the treadmill, elliptical, stationary bikes, etc. I get bored walking outside by myself. I can't run (it physically hurts and I don't know how to breathe correctly). I recently bought a bicycle so I could ride with Chris while he trains but I have this huge fear of falling off. I know it's inevitable that I will fall... but I am still scared to death (I haven't ridden a bike since I was like 10). I really want to get in shape, but am lacking the motivation to actual "DO." I'm a member of the Y, it's hard to get involved in classes (especially when school is in session). Any words of advice? thoughts? comments? ideas?

I also really need and want to lose weight. Again, this is where the motivation comes in. I am having a hard time losing the weight. It seems like I can't stick to a "diet" and I'm lacking a little motivation. I know that hopefully in the near future I will get pregnant. It's hard to really eat properly knowing that I will eventually put it back on. I have a hard time passing on Mexican, good beer and making good choices when eating out, not to mention how picky I am... A few years ago, I easily lost weight before my wedding but of course have put it all back on (and more). It doesn't help much that Chris has an incredibly high metabolism and pretty much eats whatever he wants. Any advice? thoughts? comments? ideas?

I really want to develop these healthy habits so that I can pass them on to my children. It's the one thing that I wish my parents had instilled in me...

A frivolous dream... I'd love to own my own bakery. I'd love to bake and decorate fashionable cakes and cupcakes. :) I'm a good baker... just need to learn to decorate!

4 comments:

Lone Butterfly said...

I would love to be your walking partner! I'm not quite as active as Chris, so if you're looking for someone with a slower pace - I would gladly do it with you.

BooSheep said...

It was so easy to be active in highschool and when we were younger. I remember the days I could eat anything I wanted and it didn't matter...I miss those days sometimes, but wouldn't trade them for now :)
On another note, I noticed you added "Secret Life of the American Teenager" to your TV shows...I caught it last week and was actually pretty impressed with it. I am cautious about how they are going to handle the whole pregnancy thing, but I really like the characters they have put together. I am glad someone else is watching too! :) Happy 4th of July!

Shelley

MommyofBoys said...

Girl! Don't we all struggle with that. Let me encourage you in that the healthier you can be going into pregnancy and throughout...the more active you stay...it will help you so much in delivery and recovery! And the more it's part of your daily life before, the easier it will be to pass on to your kids. And I say this because I've learned it all the hard way. In the middle of trying to loose the baby weight from sweet Blakey...yeah, he's already 1 and it should be gone by now. Anyway, I just want to encourage you that you can do it...Paul has lost 70 pounds since January, and has gone off all his medications. I think it finally sunk in that if he didn't start taking care of himself, he may not be around to see our boys grow up!! He has sooo much more energy and time for the boys now...it took me watching him for 5 months to get my butt in gear too...Believe me...even though you don't know your sweet babies yet, they're worth it...and so are you, beautiful Meredith!!!

Drena said...

I don't know if you have read any books about pregnancy but they all talk about your nutrition and exercise. Maybe go ahead and read those and it will be easier for you to think that you are doing things to make your pregnancy easier and to have a healthy baby. I find it easier to do things I should do when I know it is in the best interest of the baby. Good luck! It is very hard when you love food like I do and it sounds like you do too!