Lilypie First Birthday tickers>

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Another busy day...

It's summer... I'm not supposed to be busy but it sure felt busy yesterday. It started off with lunch with Rebecca. It's become a bit of a tradition that I meet her for lunch a few times over the summer, once over Spring Break and once over Christmas. So, we met yesterday for lunch. I look forward to our lunches and always have a good time. :) After lunch, I headed over to Target where I spent an hour (I could seriously spend all day in there) shopping for things for our trip next week (more to come on that). Then I headed over to REI, to do some more shopping for the trip. My main goal there was to get some things for our First Aid kit and I wanted some capris that are made of that material that dries quickly (not work out kind... but like camping kind). I ended up with a pair of capris, 2 pairs of pants and 1 pair of shorts... WAHOO! I had also intended to go to Performance Bicycle and Walmart... but when I saw the time I realized I didn't have enough time...I was meeting my friend Lonebutterfly for another walk at Stone Mountain. Thankfully there was no scary lightening or thunder. It was blazing hot, but we still enjoyed walk. We went a little further this time and I think we walked a faster pace too... not completely sure though. After my walk, I ran home to shower... only to turn around and meet some more friends for Trivia. I used to love to play Trivia and haven't in quite a while. This was our second week. We pretty much stink but still have fun. We ended up with the same amount of points as last week (which is sad because 2 more people joined us this week). Still... it was fun! AND... I was completely exhausted by the time I arrived home. Talk about a busy day!

I mentioned a trip... Chris and I are headed to Costa Rica this Friday. We are going on a mission trip with our church. We went last year and completely fell in love with Costa Rica and everything about it. Please pray however... we both have concerns about the trip this year. I can't really say I'm that excited about it. I mean, don't get me wrong... completely excited about going back... just not excited about some of the things about this particular trip. Long story (don't want to get into it...)...

Does anyone have any suggestions on books to take to read in spare time? (on plane, etc...)???

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

I think you'll have a good time anyway - once you focus on why you're there. As for stuff to read on the plane/in spare time...well, I'm a dork - I do puzzles on planes (like Sudoku, crosswords, etc.) Also, if I get one of my magazines in the mail within say a week of a trip, I'll save it for the plane. Stuff like People, Us Weekly, etc. are good for planes, because there's a lot of content (relatively speaking), and they don't take up a lot of space. I don't really read books...except kiddie books. So I can't really help you there. Can you take an iPod? Good luck!

Lone Butterfly said...

Have you read Dee Henderson's "O'Malley Family" Series?

It's AWESOME! Depending on how fast you read - you could take the prequel (Danger in the Shadows) and the first book (The Negotiator) on the trip. Great characters that flow from book to book.

I'll be praying for you and Chris. **hugs**

Cindy said...

Have you read Nineteen Minutes, by Jodi Picoult? I just read that book and I loved it. I highly recommend it.