Lilypie First Birthday tickers>

Sunday, November 1, 2009

The dreaded "GD", Sprout, Halloween, Georgia-Florida, and...

Just a little update of what's been going on around the Hartley House (isn't that the name of the show that Steve's mom was on in 90210?) We have had a busy October. We finished off September with Chris's final triathlon of the season, and started the month of October with a half marathon (him, not me). I didn't go with him for this one, so no pics (I think I have plenty of him running). The following weekend, we had a pretty successful Yard Sale...despite the "threat" of rain, the loss to the Vols and the fact that we still have a bunch of stuff left. We traveled to the Redneck Rivera (yup, PC Beach) for his cousin's wedding AND last weekend, we finally started on Sprout's room. We still need a few things (like the glider, a rug, ceiling fan, lamp and I'm thinking a bookcase). We are getting our glider this month (I think I decided which one I want, we just have to go get it). Oh and the bedding :)

Earlier this month, I was diagnosed with the dreaded gestational diabetes. So the past few weeks I've been learning what I can eat successfully without making my blood sugar too high. This also means no treats for me yesterday.

For Halloween, we window shopped for a glider, watched the game of which we will not speak, and had a date night with Lonebutterfly and her hubby (oh and the VERY cute caterpillar GO). We went to dinner (Outback...yum) and then came back to our place and played Trivial Pursuit. I LOVE playing board games but never get to play (Chris says it's no fun to play with just two people... party pooper). So, I was SUPER excited to be able to enjoy a board game.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about GD. I would have hated no sweets until after the baby arrived! YUK- but it won't be long.

Play board games while you can. Once your little one gets here, you may be watching your friends play games while you feed your baby. In fact, when Sarah was a few weeks old, we had another couple over for dinner and Monopoly. I finished nursing Sarah and then handed her off to my friend while I went to bed. I knew that I was going to have to be up again in a few hours. What a blessing friends can be....use them!!!! :) Miss you too my friend. Hang in there!

Erin H. said...

I'm so sorry about the GD. I'm sure you'll do great though! And, you should post a pic of yourself prego :)

Lone Butterfly said...

We LOVED our date night (+GO) and we were glad to finish a board game, too! :D