Lilypie First Birthday tickers>

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Some thoughts on a Sunday morning

Chris is out this morning serving at a water stop for a women's half marathon. This morning, I just wasn't up for going to church alone. So, I logged on to Newspring Church's website. Newspring is in Anderson, SC. It is the church that my stepsister and her husband both attend and work. If you ever have a chance, check out Perry's messages.

Anyway, as Sprout's birth approaches, I realize how much I miss having a church home. Many of you know, Chris and I were not happy in our old church home and have been attending a church a little closer to home. We have not gotten involved, other than going MOST Sunday mornings. I enjoy the services of this particular church, enjoy the messages by the pastor, and enjoy the music. I miss being involved in a Sunday School class, or small group though. I miss knowing people where we worship and being missed when we are not there. It's so hard to take that first step to becoming more involved when you haven't been involved in so long. It's so hard to know if this church is the place God wants us.

Yesterday, I attended a Beth Hadid service for GO (Lonebutterfly's youngest caterpillar). She is being dedicated this morning in their church. It was a very special time and I am so lucky that I was included in the family's special day. It just made me realize even more how important a church home is, as we begin this important journey of adding to our family.

1 comments:

Lone Butterfly said...

You know you are always welcome with Hubby and I! Thank you so much for coming to GO's Beth Hadid. :D