Lilypie First Birthday tickers>

Monday, November 23, 2009

A lot has been going on...

Sorry I've been a blogger MIA. We've had a lot going on in the last week. It started the week of the 13th... I had a stomach bug which put me out of commission.. but I also had TWO baby showers that weekend. I was much better by the one on Sunday but Saturday was rough for me.

Last week, we began the perinatal classes that I signed us up for and I took the (maternity) leave class that the county makes us take. Friday was not the best day. Chris's granddaddy passed away. He was a great man and was loved by many. He was diagnosed this summer with lung cancer but thankfully was not sick at all until last week. Last week he just went downhill and fast. Chris and I were planning on coming to his parents to spend Thanksgiving with them since we wont' be able to come at Christmas. So, we ended up just coming a little early (on Saturday) and will be here until Friday.

This is a picture of Granddaddy and the family at Christmas 2007 (minus brother in law Frank... someone had to take the picture) :)

From Christmas 2007



1 comments:

Carrie Davis said...

Oh, I'm so sorry that Chris lost his Grandaddy. I lost my grandfather very close to Thanksgiving a few years ago - it's hard at the holidays. I'll be thinking of you guys.