Lilypie First Birthday tickers>

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

You know you're getting old when you're home before midnight on New Year's Eve AND are content being home before midnight! :) Last night, we met friends out for a Japanese steakhouse dinner. Quite delish!



As 2008 came to a close and 2009 begins today, I've been pondering New Years Resolutions. I don't want to make a resolution that I know I will break but here are a few things that I would like to accomplish in 2009.
~Develop healthier habits, including exercising on a regular basis.
~Crochet more and make more gifts.
~Practice Rosetta Stone more so that I can one day speak Spanish fluently, or semi fluently.
~Work on uncluttering house and try harder to put away things instead of laying them wherever.
~Get out of debt!
~Learn more about using the manual parts of my camera and not rely so much on the automatic features.
~Send more birthday cards via mail instead of e-cards (so send me your addresses folks!)
~Try to focus more on positives, rather than negatives. I don't think of myself as a negative person, but I'd still like to work on this and limiting my complaining.

What about you? What would you like to accomplish in 2009?


4 comments:

Mel said...

Looks like you took the first step for #6 up there. I wish that I could be less cluttered and stuff but I think that I have accepted it will never happen...i do like when things are clean though..hmmmmm

Erin H. said...

You have some really good resolutions! Here are mine, sorta. I want to complain less, floss more, and I like your declutter one. We'll see how far I get . . .

Rebecca said...

Great list! Here's mine - finish our house stuff on time (and without going broke!)...this is replacing carpet, hardwoods, and turning our office into an office/playroom (so we can also work on de-cluttering areas of the house that everyone who comes over sees). We have a timeline, so it will be done!

Shaye said...

Great resolutions! I blogged mine too. Go check them out!