Lilypie First Birthday tickers>

Friday, June 13, 2008

Jon and Kate + 8

So, I've been hearing about this show for a while now... and this week, while home I have literally become addicted to the show. My week started with me being sick and not wanting to get off the couch. With not much to watch on tv, I decided to see what the fuss was about. It just so happened that their very first show was on Monday. Followed by the second show on Tuesday... I am truly amazed at this family.

For those of you that have not seen the show, Jon and Kate have two sets of multiples- twins and sextuplets. I'm loving to watch the kids. 1. They are super cute and 2. it's interesting to see how the family functions and 3. I'm enjoying watching the kids' personalities develop and start shining through.

I recently saw a blog complaining Kate and her rules and how uptight she is with the kids but ... seriously... if I was a mother of 8 kids, I would probably be the same way! With that many kids and that much chaos, I think you need to be like that to keep some semblance of order!

What do you think?

6 comments:

BooSheep said...

I totally agree!! David and I love watching that show and at times I know Kate can seem a bit demanding and controlling...but I just keep telling myself I have NO IDEA what kind of mom I would be with 8 kids. (Especially with 6 3year olds!) I think she does a good job of really trying to let her kids explore things. I don't know if I would be brave enough to do half the things they do together with all of them. (I know they have a camera crew, etc...to help, but still :)

Shelley

amanda said...

That is seriously my favorite show right now! I think Kate is awesome. Anyone who works with kids knows that you need routines and boundaries or life would be crazy!

Unknown said...

LOVE this show! When I need perspective on my life with twins, I watch her show and see how much crazier it could be!!!

Carrie Davis said...

I'm addicted to this show too!! I have seen every episode a couple of times. I think Kate is awesome - I can't imagine what she goes through.

Rebecca said...

I discovered the show on Memorial Day when they were doing a marathon of it (had heard of it but never watched it till then). I think anyone who is critical of her needs to go live her life for a day. Most people will never know what it is like to have 6-year-old twins and 3-year-old sextuplets. They are crazy but it's fun to watch. :)

amy said...

LOVE Jon & Kate!!! My boys like to watch it with me to. I laugh all the time b/c Kate reminds me of myself. I am pretty strict with my boys and I snap at Chuck quite a bit! I know it probably isn't right, but it sort of validates me that my relationships with my husband & kids may not be that "off" afterall.