Lilypie First Birthday tickers>

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Thoughts

So, do you ever relate certain songs to people or a time in your life? I hear songs on the radio and am taken back to a time in my life. Which makes me think of certain people and puts me in a bit of a reminiscent mood.

Recently I became friends with a bunch of old friends from high school. In checking out pictures, I was reminded of another old friend. I think someone (I can't remember if it was Drena or Melissa) that posted about old boyfriends and wondering where they are? Anyway, this old friend, I guess was a boyfriend at some point... I mean we dated... but we were pretty much always really close. In fact, I'd probably consider him one of my best friends. But I wonder why we aren't friends anymore... where he is and what is he doing? Does he have kids now?

It makes me sad to think of him now because I haven't heard from him in almost 5 years. The last time I heard from him was the day before my mom died. He had responded to an email that I had sent (with an update on my mom) and said that he was there for me and to let him know if I needed anything. Well, my mom died... and he wasn't there and he didn't send a card or anything. And, I don't know what happened to him. I mean, he's fine... I know he's around (I saw him in pictures on facebook... he's not on facebook, but mutual friends are). Anyway, it just makes me sad.

5 comments:

Drena said...

That was me that posted a similiar post to this and one of my earliest posts also talked about how a song can take you back in time! We are on the same train of thought. Hope you reconnect. Don't be afraid to reach out to him. :)

Meredith said...

problem is, not sure how to connect with him again... and I tried to reach out but he never responded (shortly after mom died)

Rebecca said...

I know who you are talking about and that really was so weird how he just dropped off the face of the earth (at least YOUR earth). I would think if you really wanted to try to get in touch with him, you could go through one of your other friends who has pictures of him on their facebook page? Especially if they are relatively current pictures...

Can't wait to see yall tomorrow!

Carrie Davis said...

It is always sad when you have a good friend and then that friendship fades away. Growing up I moved A LOT, so, I have lost a lot of friends over the years - I know just how you feel. I just try to concentrate on the great friends that I have. :)

Lone Butterfly said...

I LOVE your new page layout. It's tre' beautiful!

Okay, we need to go walking, seriously. I will contact you soon, I promise.

I miss talking to you!