Lilypie First Birthday tickers>

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

2 days down 178 to go!

So, the first two days have been a bizarre experience for me. Most of you know this is my first year in a new position. I'm no longer a classroom teacher, but considered a resource teacher (meaning, I pull kids out for classes) in GIFTED. So... I've taught for 10 years, always having a class that starts the first day of school. Well, I now have car rider duty in the morning... (which means I open car doors and make sure the car riders get in the building safely). Yesterday was a zoo... lots of parents came to register, so I spent most of the morning directing traffic. THEN, I helped out with the actual registration. I also had the privilege of helping kindergarteners during lunch... directing them through the lunch line, to their class's table and to the trash when their time was up. Quite an experience!!!

Today was not quite as hectic. There were not as many people registering, so I did not have to help as long. I did help with lunch again, and after a day... they were starting to get the hang of it! So cute!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Hopefully things will settle down once things really get up & running there. I bet it will be fun to have interaction with all (most) grades.

Carrie Davis said...

Do you miss having your own class? Hopefully things will settle down even more as the days go by.