Lilypie First Birthday tickers>

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Here they are...

As promised... here are pictures of the four cakes I baked for Zach's wedding. First, I have to say that when you make a caramel cake...you really never know what it will look like when you finish. Sometimes it will look great! Others.. not so much. This is cake number one.. .which after I iced it, I called my dad in tears because it looked so horrible.

When I started icing cake number two, this happened to the second layer...

Not good... so cake number 2 ended up being a two layer cake... it looks pretty (of course!)

Cake number 3 went a lot better...

Cake number 4 was the "display" cake. It actually looked good sitting out (looked very small compared to the wedding cake, but still looked good). You will notice it is leaning a little bit and please disregard the mess on the counter... icing is messy business!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Well, I must say that despite cake #1 not being "pretty", it still looks YUMMY! :)

Sarah said...

YUM!!