Lilypie First Birthday tickers>

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Nothing

Life is kinda boring these days. Not much going on. The dreaded summer school begins on Monday (for only 15 days). I'm hoping it won't be too bad. I do have to say that we have one 5 day week, two 4 day weeks and then end with a 2 day week. That can't be too bad, can it? Speaking of summer school, I have NO idea what to expect. I guess I've been teaching long enough that I'm okay to just "wing it." I am NOT looking forward to recess, seeing how hot it has been and will continue to be.

This morning Chris is doing Muddy Buddy with friend, Paul. He did this two years ago and had a blast. It was fun to watch but I decided to skip out this time. I feel like a bad wife at the moment, but I do have a really good reason for missing. I'm sure you're wondering what would keep me from supporting my hubby in participating in yet another race... it's my health. I haven't been feeling good for a few days. Stuffy nose, headache, etc... and the thought of standing in the humidity (even though it's only about 80 degrees right now) just wasn't sounding fun to me. In fact, I'd probably be pretty miserable.

That's really about all. The past week, I had lunch plans just about everyday. I enjoyed seeing friends and spending lunchtime with them. Plus, it got me out of the house. Otherwise, I probably would've just been sitting on the couch, all day everyday.

One thing that Chris and I have been doing each night is watching NCIS. My dear friend, Lonebutterfly, is a HUGE fan and insisted that we start watching. She kindly loaned us all of her dvds, since we must watch from the beginning. We are currently in Season 4 (out of 6). We are hoping to catch up by the time Sesaon 7 begins. BUT we LOVE Abby, Duckie, Gibbs, McGee, Ziva and of course, DiNozzo!

The other thing I have been doing is rereading the Harry Potter books. I've read them all many times, but as the movies have come out I haven't read the first books in a LONG time. I'm currently reading the 3rd book (Prisoner from Azkaban). I'm hoping to finish at least the 6th one, in time for the movie release next month. We shall see! It's a battle each night between Harry and the gang of NCIS.

0 comments: