Lilypie First Birthday tickers>

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Sunday

I love Sundays but I dread them at the same time. I love Sundays for a few reasons. I dread them for the main reason that the weekend is ending and another busy week begins.. The main reason I love Sundays is that it's the "official" day of worship. I'm really enjoying the church that we have been attending. I love the worship service, and the pastor. I feel like there's a sense of family there, even though we really don't know anyone yet. Today was communion Sunday. At this particular church, they do communion a little different. The pastor doesn't really preach, but he does... in a way... we worship through song and prayer and through communion.

As Thanksgiving approaches, many people are thinking and talking about what they are thankful for... in fact, I posted last Thursday some of the things that I am thankful for. I was reading Lonebutterfly's blog today and she was telling about her Sunday with her caterpillars. This week, they are memorizing the following verse. I think it's a perfect verse, especially for this time of year and I am going to work on memorizing it, as well.

Thank the Lord because His mercy endures forever. ~2 Chronicles 20:21B


On my igoogle homepage, I have a daily Scripture. This is today's verse. It is also a wonderful verse for this week.

Every good perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. ~ James 1:17

I pray that we all remember these truths from God this week. And that Sunday isn't our only day of worship.

0 comments: