Lilypie First Birthday tickers>

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Okay, so...

I was fussed at today for not posting enough lately. I will try to do better, friends. I promise!

I spent the afternoon at a baby shower for my friend Drena. It was hosted by some of my old friends (from back in the DG days). It was so great to catch up with my friends. We were talking about how wonderful it is to have the blogs, so that we can keep up with each other. I love it and I do check daily for postings by my friends. By the way, girls... the shower was lovely and Melissa, I DO want the recipe for the veggie pizza!

Not much going on here with me. I'm just trying to make it through until Thanksgiving. Normally, we have a week of conferences (Conference week is always rough... long hours, stressful days = very tiring), then the next week is Thanksgiving. Not the case this year. We have a full week of school, THEN our normal 2 day week for Thanksgiving.

Thanksgiving is not my favorite holiday. I don't care for turkey (I know, I know... I'm weird). BUT I do love it because it's the official start to the Christmas season. Now, I LOVE Christmas! On December 26, I start counting down until the next year's Christmas. I'm itching to decorate... and I'm really itching to start listening to Christmas music. I've been listening to the XM radio and they've been "advertising" for the Christmas station... I'm SOOOOOOO itching to listen... I've been good so far though!

I am looking forward to Thanksgiving this year for a few reasons (more than the start of the Christmas season). Last year, we were on a cruise with Chris's family. I am looking forward to celebrating Thanksgiving with my family again this year.

4 comments:

Mel said...

Yay, glad you are back to posting! Good to see you!

Recipe is really easy...just lay out the croissants on a tray to make the "crust", bake it and then set it aside to cool. Mix one package of cream cheese with one packet of ranch dressing mix and spread on the cooled "crust". Cut up whatever veggies you like (I used all peppers) and sprinkle on top...voila. You can also add cheese but the first time I had it (carrie d made it) it didn't have cheese so I sort of prefer it that way.

Drena said...

Good to see you! I too love Xmas and I'm going to decorate starting this week. I'm blaming the fact that the baby could come early, but I secretly am just ready! :)

Carrie Davis said...

OH, I love the XM Christmas channels too!! It's all my radio is on Christmas. I have started to like Thanksgiving more and more as I get older, but I like it more because it is the start of Christmas.

Rebecca said...

Hey - sorry for being late on this one. :) I'm with Carrie - I like Thanksgiving as the "official" start of Christmas, but I'm with you on the whole turkey thing. It is just not my favorite. But at the same time, I'd feel weird eating something else on Thanksgiving...