Lilypie First Birthday tickers>

Saturday, April 25, 2009

I'm Doing it..

I recently made the decision to start running. With the help of my brother, I found a plan to go from walking to running in weeks (12, I think?). Anyway, this past week was my first week on the plan. Three times a week, I walked for 4 minutes then ran for 1 minute. I repeated the process 5 times to make a 25 minute workout. I did my workout on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. (Wednesday was our anniversary, so we had other plans). Today, I decided to do the same workout but added a 6th time. Chris calculated my distance today, which was (drumroll please)... 2.6 miles! YAY ME!

On another note, for those of you Kate Gosselin fans out there.. she's supposed to be at the Family bookstore? at the Mall of Ga tonight! I'm sad to miss it (we are out of town, visiting Chris's family). But I do have to say.. If you haven't read Multiple Blessings, I HIGHLY recommend it. I am about 2 chapters from completing it. It is very well written and a blessing to read about their experiences of becoming parents of 8 kids.

5 comments:

m said...

Sounds like you are keeping a pretty good pace when walking if you did 2.6 in 31 minutes. Great job!

Meredith said...

Meghan- I'm not quite that fast. I did a 5 minute warm up and 5 minute cool down... so I did 2.6 in about 40 minutes. Which isn't bad. :) thanks for the encouragement!

Unknown said...

that's awesome Meredith!! Wish I could get it together and do it too!

The Attaway's-"Life with Twins"!! said...

I am so proud of you! I LOVE exercising!!!!

Mel said...

Great job!! And, 2.6 miles in 40 mins is still really good, especially when you are starting out!