Lilypie First Birthday tickers>

Saturday, April 19, 2008

UGH!

Okay, so have you ever really, really, really not liked someone that a loved one is dating??? I am in that situation and I KNOW that my lovely husband is tired of hearing me complain about this... so I thought I would vent to the world of blogging. This person that this loved one is dating is so incredibly obnoxious. He's rude, arrogant and just completely "rubs me the wrong way." He's very condescending and last weekend, not only did he put me down/make fun of me... he did that to 3 of my friends!!!

Thanks for letting me vent. Am I wrong to pray for them to break up? Any words of wisdom out there?

4 comments:

BooSheep said...

I have another friend who is going through this situation... I guess it isn't wrong to pray for if you truly believe they are not God's best for her. Maybe she will begin to realize the faults you guys see as you are praying. Just my opinion ! :)

Shelley

Meredith said...

Well, this loved one is starting to pick up some of the person's bad qualities and is becoming more and more like them everyday. sigh...

Unknown said...

I'm in the same situation Meredith...I've tried so hard to keep my mouth shut and my husband keeps telling me,"if he loves her, then we should accept her." It is very hard...

Lone Butterfly said...

Not an easy place to be! It might help to spend a few minutes trying to find SOMETHING about the person that your loved one loves.

Surely there is at least ONE thing that the person does that makes your loved one like him.

But I don't think it's wrong to pray for God's best for her. As long as you're willing to accept this guy MIGHT be the right one.

Ug - again - not an easy situation.