Lilypie First Birthday tickers>

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

I promise....

Pictures are coming soon... I'm trying to get everything back in order so that I can show you ALL the pictures!

In the meantime, Chris and I participated in the Great Urban Race in Atlanta on Saturday. It's kinda like the Amazing Race, just it's all in one city... and you don't have to eat anything gross. Here are the pictures from it. There aren't a whole lot, but we had a fantabulous time! We started in Midtown at Front Page. We had to solve clues and complete tasks, which took us all over midtown, downtown and Buckhead. It poured on us and we got soaked. We also discovered or learned some names of parks around town. And, you'll never believe who we ran in to... Amber and Rebecca! What a small world! :) As part of the race, you had to dress like your partner. Chris and I weren't too creative... just UGA fans (basically). Karen and Andy worked with us, they were graduates. It was hilarious because all day people were yelling Congratulations to them. We saw some interesting costumes of other participants. There were Smurfs (yes they were painted blue), babies (guys in diapers... eek!), and even the Barbie Bandits.

Great Urban Race 2008

4 comments:

BooSheep said...

The race sounds like a blast! Our family is HUGE Amazing Race fans... I bet it was just as much fun to watch everyone. Do they do that every year?

Shelley
www.woollypeaches.blogspot.com

Meredith said...

Yeah, I believe they do... check it out... www.greaturbanrace.com

Lone Butterfly said...

OOOO - just pretend I said everything BooSheep said - but first. ;)

I want to do this next year! :)

I looked at your pictures and it looks like LOADS of fun!

Cindy said...

That is so cool! It sounds like so much fun!