Lilypie First Birthday tickers>

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Happy Birthday!!!

From Scanned photos


Today would have been my mom's 63rd birthday. I think of her everyday and miss her everyday. She would be ECSTATIC to meet Sprout (in fact, I know she's up in heaven just happy as can be about Sprout). I am writing this post, not to make you sad but to celebrate the wonderful life she lived. Most of you know, we lost her to cancer 6 years ago. I am very blessed to have a wonderful and caring step mother who is a great support. I am also blessed by my mom's friends who love me and think of me. One of my mom's friends saved baby blankets and sweaters that my mom crocheted for her grandchildren and passed them on to me recently. What a blessing!

Today I have my last shower for Sprout and I am super excited about it. It's being hosted by 3 of my mom's favorite friends from the church I grew up in (and my dad still attends). I think it's a fantastic way to celebrate my mom today.

1 comments:

Erin H. said...

That is such a sweet post. How great to have your mom's blankets for Sprout!