Lilypie First Birthday tickers>

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Exciting news!!!

Nope... not pregnant...

I'm going to teach gifted next year! I will be at the same school, just in a different role. This is something I've wanted to do for a long time. I always figured it would be something I would do later in life, but an opportunity came up at my school. I interviewed for the position about two weeks ago and yesterday the principal told me I could have the job if I wanted it. SO...

I'm definitely sad about leaving fifth grade. I love the people I teach with and love the kids. But, I am VERY excited about this new opportunity!!!

8 comments:

Lone Butterfly said...

YAY! I'm so excited for you!

I'll tell you a secret - when I was in elementary school I had the worse Gifted Teacher ever. She was horrid and mean and cruel (I remember her making fun of me because I didn't want to watch them dissect a fetal pig.)

It warms my heart to know that some little girl next year is going to have YOU for an awesome Gifted Teacher.

CONGRATS! (And I would really love to get together with ya'll some time for dinner - let me know when you are free?)

Drena said...

Congrats...awesome news!

mk said...

Mere, I'm so excited for you. What an awesome responsibility God has entrusted to you! I will pray that you will have a wonderful year and that it will be better than you ever thought it could be. Congratulations!!

Carrie Davis said...

Hey Meredith! I saw you commented on my blog the other day and wanted to stop by and say Hello! I'm so excited when I find new blogs! Take Care.

BooSheep said...

Congratulations! That sounds like it is going to be a TON of fun. I love new adventures!

Shelley

Rebecca said...

Congrats - I am so happy for you!

Merri said...

That is just wonderful - congratulations! I know you will make a terrific gifted teacher :-)

amy said...

CONGRATS on the new job!!