Lilypie First Birthday tickers>

Monday, May 4, 2009

I DID IT!

I completed my first ever 5K in 46:38 minutes! I did the Big Peach 5K in Brookhaven on Saturday morning with Chris, Zach and Lindsay. Of course they all finished before me, but I loved that my brother was standing at the finish line waiting for me to cross. I started out the race running. Then I decided I would run the down hills and the flat parts. So, I did. At mile one, my time was 14:29. Mile 2 was better (more downhills) 29:09 and then of course, mile 3 was almost all uphill. I am actually looking into doing another one on 5/23. Anyone want to join me?

This weekend was super busy for the Hartleys. Friday night, we went to dinner with the family to celebrate Jared (step-brother in law)'s birthday. Saturday was the 5K and then Braves at 3:40...which of course, there was a rain delay so we were there until after 7. We left there and decided to get off Marta in Midtown to go to the Vortex (mmmmmmmmm.......) So, we didn't get home until late. Sunday, we headed back to the Braves game. I will post pictures later. Unfortunately the Bravos lost both games... but it's always so fun to go. I still love them anyway!

3 comments:

Carrie Davis said...

Congrats!! That is awesome!

Mel said...

Congrats on your first 5K!!! I would do the 5/23 one with you if I was in town that weekend but I won't be :-(

Keep up the good work!

mk said...

Mere, congrats on completing your first 5K, what an accomplishment!! I wish I had the determination to become a runner.

By the way, we were at the Braves game Sunday too!! It was fun even though they lost.